Food Lovers always try to find places where they can get the best of foods for their taste buds. In Italy, Bologna is a place that you cannot miss visiting. Here it is called the ultimate food region of Italy.
The beautiful Bologna is the capital city of the Emilia-Romagna region. Apart from being a foodie region, there are several other things to do here in Bologna. It is one of the favorite cities of Italy, which travelers would love to visit again and again. If you are planning to visit Bologna and don’t know much about it, then you have the Italy Luxury tour that can provide you with exclusive and luxurious travel experiences. They will help you with the Bologna Food tours and wine tours too. Just log in to their website for more details.
Here’s are some best things that you can do in Bologna:
- Piazza Maggiore: This has one of the largest Cathedrals (San Petronio Cathedral), the Biggest Neptune Fountain, and many other city watching opportunities for people.
- Asinelli Tower: Just like the leaning tower of Pisa, here in Bologna you can enjoy the leaning towers of Asinelli and Garisenda that are standing right next to each other. You can climb over to get the best view of Bologna from the top.
- Via Drapperie: This is one of the picturesque streets having tower buildings on either side with tons of stalls, shops, cafés around.
- San Petronio’s terrace: From here you can view the best of Bologna’s leaning towers.
- Emilia Romagna: This is said to be the food capital of Bologna. It has everything from great restaurants, food events happening here, food tastings, and tours. Specialities to try here includes the spaghetti Bolognese, tortellini en brood, parma ham, zuppa inglese, lasagna and many more.
- Canals: Just like Venice, you will also find several canals here in Bologna. They were all built in the Middle Ages. But you might need to go through a scavenger hunt here.
- Around the region: Apart from the capital of Emilia Romagna, you can also enjoy a day trip outside the region. For the best beaches plan a trip to Rimini. You can visit the world’s fifth smallest country, San Marino. Florence is a place to get the taste of Tuscany. There is Verona that is said to be the place for Romeo and Juliet. Foodies also have places like Modena and Parma that are the places for balsamic vinegar and pam ham respectively.
- Archiginnasio palace: Built-up back in the 16th century, this palace has a carved anatomical theatre that you can’t miss looking for. It also has a remarkable library which is lovely and huge enough for people to explore, especially the students out there.
- Torre Prendiparte: If you are looking for a climb then this is the right place for you. Not only does it have a huge tower, but you can also see Italy from the terrace and also an interesting history of the prison. If you are looking for accommodation then this is the right place for you.
- Museum of history of Bologna: This is the perfect place for a story of Bologna.
Apart from this, there are many more interesting things to do, just get the details from your travel agent and off you go.