Restaurant web designs are not just an aesthetic but a significant branding tool for engaging customers and growing business. It is an important part of your restaurant’s digital marketing plan.
There are 50% of restaurants that don’t have a website and even if they do it has turned outdated. A few restaurants have a social media profile as their main online presence. Several have marked their presence on third-party platforms. It is a blunder because restaurant owners don’t have control over their online presence.
It is essential to have an amazing hotel website developed. It ensures that your potential customers receive relevant information and are encouraged to visit your restaurant. An obsolete restaurant website offers no value to users and even the restaurant.
Austin web design firm Lions Share Digital can help you build a restaurant website suitable to your business goal.
Must-have features of restaurant web design
Web design focused on mobile users
Smartphone users are ubiquitous and search for restaurants on their mobile browser or use Google Maps which links directly to your website. The challenge here is the screen size of mobile devices. To spare users from zooming and pinching to read information or navigate the site it is better to have a mobile-responsive web design.
Have a high usability rating
Ease of use will define whether people stay on your restaurant website or leave soon. Ensure that people don’t struggle in finding the necessary information.
- When a website takes time to load people lose interest and go away. So, to enhance speed make sure that the graphics and animations are kept to a minimum. Even if the restaurant website is well-designed and features plenty of food pictures, slow speed can make you lose potential customers.
- The design has to be simple yet appealing motivating visitors to explore the website and engage with information. The design needs to reflect your physical restaurant’s environment.
Add social media buttons
After the visitors find the necessary information on your restaurant website they will seek social proof to determine whether to order meals or dine in your facility or not. A restaurant owner can give evidence to help visitors make a decision. Integrate social media platforms to share information about what customers talk about your restaurant or who dines at your restaurant.
Nurture relationship for remarketing
Restaurant website first-time visitors must stay engaged. You get a chance to nurture a good relationship with potential customers on social media or via emails. Maintain an email list by encouraging customers to sign up.
Extra or nice to have features
- Regularly update the Photo gallery because they are visually engaging.
- Online ordering
- Online reservations
- Search engine optimization
- Content marketing
- Web analytics
Some things to avoid
There are some things to completely avoid while designing a restaurant website.
- Background music is irrelevant today.
- Flash technology is obsolete and is not mobile-friendly.
- No external advertising.
The food service is estimated to grow by 10% within the next 7 years, so it is crucial to stay ahead and develop a loyal customer base.