Pests at homes and commercial places can be a real nuisance. Among all of the pests, bed bugs are a real nightmare to deal with. Summer is the season when beg buds thrive and multiply. They can affect the hotel and hospitality industry, and also the residents of people going on holidays.
You will need help from pest control professionals to deal with the bed bug menace. Make sure you hire reliable pest control services like Sugar Land Pest Control Solution. They are one of the most trusted service providers with over 25 years of experience. Their technicians are certified to get rid of your pest problems, and they offer services at affordable prices. To know more about their services, you can go here to their website.
Bed bugs can spread easily during summer when it is vacation season. People visit new places and stay at hotels, where their belongings may have unpleasant visitors like bed bugs. The hotel industry is busy during this season.
Here are some ways how the hospitality service providers can control beg bug infestation:
- Train the employees – The employees must make aware of what these bed bugs look like, and where can they possibly hide. They are most likely to be found around mattresses, headboards, couches, chairs, behind the frame, cracks in the floor, or bed frames.
- Take preventive measures – The management should constantly monitor and detect the pests at an early stage. The key is to check for signs of these pests daily to prevent the spread of infestation so that they do not cause interruption to your business. Annual inspections and preventive pest control measures will help in keeping the hotels free from pests.
Bed bugs infestation is very common in hotels or vacation rentals. They are also the second most common infestation of homes and apartment buildings.
Here are some tips for travelers to check for bed bugs once you enter your room:
- Keep your luggage bags in the bathroom, as bed bugs are unlikely to dwell in the bathroom.
- After placing your belongings in the bathroom check under the mattress, if you see tiny black dots or spots around, you could be dealing with bed bugs.
- You can also spot a bed bug on the mattress. They are reddish-brown in color. The adult ones can be easily spotted, whereas the younger ones are hard to find.
- If you don’t see any signs of bed bugs on the mattress then check the headboards, nightstands, couches, and other areas in the room.
If you find any signs of bed bugs notify the hotel management and demand to stay in another room, which should be away from the infested room.
Some prevention measures you can take to avoid taking bed bugs to your homes:
- Take out all the clothes from the suitcase outside your house.
- Check for any signs of bed bugs in the corners and seams of the suitcase. Next vacuum the suitcase from the inside.
- Lastly, wash all your clothes in warm water, that way the bed bugs and eggs hiding in the clothes will get killed.
These are just some precautions you can take to keep bed bugs away, but you still might end up with them. In that case, hire professionals to take care of them.