What is Smart Home Technology and How it Can Benefit a Homeowner?
A smart house is a trendy home with appliances, lighting, and/or technological gadgets that can be controlled remotely by the owner, through a smartphone app. Smart home devices can even work in combination with other devices in the house and send information to other smart devices.
Refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, heating, and air conditioning systems, lighting equipment, and even toaster ovens are some of the smart home-enabled products. Television and music systems, camera and security systems, computers, laptops, etc. are also some examples of smart home devices.
The appeal of the smart home is that it allows homeowners to remotely control parts of the house and set time schedules for smart gadgets to help manage costs and be more energy efficient. At the same time, it also gives convenience and saves time for a homeowner.
You can buy a smart home product from Ktek Canada. They provide high-quality American and European standard smart home equipment. Whether you’re looking for smart sensors, smart locks, smart plug & play, or smart relays, they have everything for their Canadian customers. They deal in brands like Shelly, TP-Link, Google, August, and Nuki.
Benefits of Smart Home Technology
- Integrating quality home products and systems also provide peace of mind. Users can utilize this interconnectivity to manage and monitor thermostats, monitor CCTV camera footage, programme interior and outdoor lights which also helps in saving money on utility expenses.
- Smart homes can be managed from any remote location. This helps in managing electrical and appliances in real-time, thereby saving energy, utility bills, and managing time.
- Smart products can be customised based on user’s preferences. For example, a smart thermostat will adjust your home’s temperature to match the temperature, making the space more comfortable for its occupants.
- Householders can check exactly what’s going on and receive time-based notifications on any suspicious activities through smart home technologies, real-time surveillance, and monitoring.
- Checking in on senior citizens when you can’t be there gives you peace of mind and assurance that they’re living safely. This is especially important during the ongoing new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic when lockdown in several cities is ongoing.
- Energy costs can be reduced by properly controlling utilities such as heating, cooling, and lighting. Pre-setting your thermostat to a specific temperature at specific times of the day ensures comfort while also conserving energy.
- This technology saves time, storage, energy, and battery life, by only turning on when motion is detected. Regardless of whether you’re at home or away, it alerts you to any unusual behaviour inside or near your property.
- Video analytics is a technology that can be used in conjunction with motion detection as an additional security layer. It reduces false notifications and deciphers movement to help stop false alarms by being intelligent enough to distinguish between animals, humans, and cars.
- For automatic appliance shutoff, consider installing appropriate guards. This gives you more time to keep an eye out for threats like leaving a hot stove, grill, or oven unattended, all of which can result in fires, gas leaks, and gas loss.
- Another practical advantage is the protection of your property from leaks and flooding. Receive periodic smartphone alerts from your system’s leak detection and flood sensors to prevent costly damage.
After learning various benefits of smart home technology, it is best to consult a professional for installation of smart devices.